- Get the basic sound in place in seconds, with a single knob
- Created in partnership with original Tonelux designer Paul Wolff
- Includes two versions: Tilt and Tilt Live, optimized for live sound engineers
Console 1 ready
Tonelux Tilt and Tilt Live
Go from shimmering bright to warm and wide with a twist of a knob!
The Tonelux Tilt plug-in is a fast and easy way of making a track sit better in a mix or make it sound 'warmer' or 'cooler'. It's also perfect in a live situation where you need to tweak the whole mix to adjust for ear fatigue.
"My new addiction is the Tonelux Tilt. How brilliant is Paul Wolff?"Mixer/Engineer/Producer for Beck, U2, The Strokes, Elton John, etc.
It couldn't be simpler
You may want to put Tonelux Tilt first on all your channels. It includes all the controls you need for a quick and rough setting before you get into the details — and it's quite possible you will find that Tilt was all your track needed to find its place in the mix.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
"This Tilt EQ really is a quick, one knob fixer. I'm finding it very easy to get a fast, great sounding result, and a lot of times, at festivals and such, speed is of the essence. The Loudness curve does exactly what it's supposed to as well. Cool stuff!"FOH Engineer (Sum 41, No Doubt)
A joint effort
The Tilt plug-in is a joint development effort between Tonelux designer Paul Wolff and Softube, bringing the famous Tonelux sound to the digital world. The innovative Tilt design was first featured on the Tonelux MP1a discrete mic preamp module and has been a godsend for engineers and producers that need to take control of their sound in a fast and effective manner.
The Tilt filter
The Tilt filter does precisely what the name says — if you activate it and turn the control knob clockwise, it will attenuate the lows and boost the highs. Go counterclockwise, and the opposite happens — the sound gets fatter and darker. Turn on or off the Loud switch to make the effect stronger or back to keep it more subtle. So by the twist of a single knob, you give your sound a basic and nice sounding frequency trimming.
High and low pass filters
Move on to the gentle and natural sounding high and low pass filters, that are sweepable and switchable from -6 dB to -12 dB per octave. Finally, you will find a polarity reversal switch and a gain knob. See? All you need for a basic rough setting of each and every channel! Softube's model of Tonelux Tilt also includes modeling of the transformer found in the Tonelux MP1a mic preamp. The transformer adds a subtle distortion for bass frequencies which fattens up the low end of a track.
Also included: Tilt Live
A special 'Live' version of the Tilt plug-in is included, which is optimized for Digidesign VENUE and other live systems and contains features requested by live sound engineers.
"Tonelux Tilt is everything I need to start off my mixes. Whenever a sound is too dull or bright, I'm capable of fixing it in a split of a second rather than minutes. Tilt should be a mandatory tool for every single DAW!"Beyoncé, Lil Wayne, Missy Elliott, Timbaland
"Filters, phase reverse, gain: these are essential features that I use on every mix. Add the Tilt option and this plugin becomes essential on every channel!"Producer/Engineer (The Smashing Pumpkins, Liz Phair, Pete Yorn)
Console 1 Ready
These plug-ins can be used within Console 1, our mixing system. Click to learn more.
- Get the basic sound in place quickly, with a single knob
- Created together with original Tonelux designer Paul Wolff
- High and Low Pass filters, with 12 dB/oct option
- Modeled output transformer distortion
- Also includes Tilt Live, Tilt optimized for live sound engineers
- Very CPU friendly
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.18 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 or newer (older OS versions will not work)
- Windows 10 64-bit (older Windows versions may work but are not tested)
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon - M1 support pending
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument’s page).
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
Note: With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST formats.
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE are no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page)