- Lush vintage phasing sound in a modern plugin package
- Generate subtle movement in flat or dull-sounding instruments
- Wide and versatile feature set
Have you ever worried that your guitar just doesn't sound enough like a spaceship? We know we have. Coming from the ever-fertile mind of audio legend Paul Wolff, Fix Phaser perfectly covers this concern, and many others too.
Create subtle movement and texture in a string section or synth pad, wash a drum kit in stratospheric swirling attitude, create a throbbing, oscillating vibrato in a vocal, or simply swoosh and whoosh things to your heart's content.
"When I engaged the Fix Phaser on my mix buss, in the factory default setting, I started time traveling through the galaxy, and realized I was wearing shiny silver pants. This thing is absolutely awesome... all the best parts of a phaser without the silly overcooked elements. Nice job, folks!"Producer and songwriter for Katy Perry, Weezer, Adele, Timbaland, Mika, OneRepublic, Pink, The Deftones, Rufus Wainwright, etc.
Have a listen
Turn mono into stereo
The wide mode can create natural, convincing stereo soundscape from a mono track. Especially useful on guitars, vocals, drums and other instruments that sound static and lifeless.
From the mind of Paul Wolff
Fix Phaser builds on the mind-warping technical concepts already presented in the Fix Flanger and Doubler, completing the Fix modulation series. Never again will you reach into the toolbox and find an empty space where your spaceship should be.
This product supports
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features. Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
"From the twisted mind of Paul Wolff comes a Fix Phaser that is capable of subtle to extreme '60s like phaser sweeps. An instant audio time warp."Mixer/Engineer/Producer for Beck, U2, The Strokes, Elton John, etc.
What it does
With a clean and easy-to-navigate modern interface, the Fix Phaser loses none of that quintessential 70s/80s sound and style, and can transform a flat, dull track into a vibrant living beast in no time, and in a number of different ways. Sweep your phase centre at a rate anywhere between 0.01 and 6Hz, or let the incoming signal bump and pump the effect with the in-built envelope follower. Phase offset and regen settings allow further customisation of the sound, and three different stereo settings give the user control over the spread of the effect, from both mono and stereo sources.
- Lush vintage phasing sound in a modern plugin package.
- Wide and versatile feature set.
- Mix knob allows blending of wet and dry signals to taste.
- Create stereo soundscapes out of mono sources.
- Generate subtle movement in flat or dull-sounding instruments.
- Out-of-this-world whooshing effects.
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.18 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.13 or newer (older OS versions will not work)
- Windows 10 64-bit (older Windows versions may work but are not tested)
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon - M1 support pending
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument’s page).
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
- In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work.
However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper and Cakewalk. Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
Note: With regards to the different VST formats, we strongly recommend using VST3 as some of our plug-ins have features that are not present in the older VST formats.
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. AAX DSP is not currently in active development. TDM/VENUE are no longer supported (old downloads are available on the Legacy Installers page)