CONSOLE 1 FADER
Time to mix a masterpiece.
- The 10-fader hardware component of the Console 1 Mixing System
- Quick, intuitive control over volume, saturation, filtering, and more
- Organize and modify your mix in powerful new ways with Layer Mode
Hardware / Ecosystem
Console 1 Fader
Building on the success of the Console 1 hardware unit was never going to be easy. But, like you, we have ambitious dreams. To add even more advantages to the epic workflow that Console 1 brings, we asked, “Where can we go next?” The answer was clear. And the result is Console 1 Fader.
Improving feel and workflow—and providing the best parts of both hardware and software in one place—Console 1 Fader raises the sound-quality bar to exciting new levels. Mixing a masterpiece isn’t easy, but with Console 1 Fader there is no limit to what you can achieve.
The Art of Rock & Roll Science
When it comes to creating equipment that improves workflow and offers the highest quality sound, our reputation is rock solid—and long. Our partnerships with premium brands like Marshall, Tube-Tech, Chandler Limited®, and Empirical Labs have spanned decades.
Console 1 Fader is built on this legacy of creativity, passion, and attention to detail. Because to create tools that innovate, you have to have heart, soul, and Rock & Roll Science.
"Console 1 Fader has been a long time coming, but it reflects the careful thought and attention to detail that is Softube’s trademark. A very well thought-out companion to the original Console 1, it’s much more than just a fader controller."Features Editor, Sound On Sound magazine
Premium feel and feedback
The ten super-smooth, touch-sensitive 100 mm Alps motorized faders give you a professional feeling and feedback. The robust powder-coated steel chassis offers durability and substance in a sleek Scandinavian design.
Console 1 Fader includes two console emulations: Tube and Discrete. Way more than a controller, Fader enriches the sound of your tracks just as an analog console would.
New levels of control
For those whose instrument is the desk, Console 1 Fader is a Stradivarius. Fader gives you lightning-quick, uber intuitive control over volume, saturation, filtering, and more with features like track color coordination.
A Modern Mixing System
Combining hardware and software to give you the best of both worlds, Console 1 Mixing System delivers the versatility and affordability of in-the-box mixing, along with the workflow and feel of hardware. Use the hardware separately or together for a genuine desk experience. You can even use multiple Console 1 Fader units to build the ideal workflow for your studio.
DAW compatibility with Console 1
Find inspiration and get tips on how to get the best performance from the pairing of Console 1 and your favorite DAW.
- A 10-fader hardware unit in our Console 1 Mixing System
- High-quality hardware designed and built for form and function
- Take fast and intuitive control of volume, saturation, filtering, and more
- Two awesome-sounding component-modeled console emulations included
- Expand your sonic options with Console 1 Mixing System-supported channel strips (sold separately)
- Layer Mode allows you to organize and adjust your mix in powerful ways
- The Spatializer tool offers fast, per-channel control of stereo width
- Compatible with all major DAWs straight out of the box – no MIDI mapping required
- Use alone or in combination with the original Console 1 plug-in controller
Dimensions (approx.) 43 cm x 4 cm x 19 cm (WxHxD) Weight (approx.) 2,2 kg / 3 kg (with packaging) Faders 10 Alps 100 mm high quality motorized faders with touch Power Powered by 8V DC. 3A. PSU included. 100-240V 0.75A Computer connection USB 2 Type-B Chassis Powder coated steel Panel Screen printed poly carbonate overlay (3 colors) Meters 10-segment LED meters (5 green, 2 yellow, 1 red/clip) Encoder 1, mounted on a high grade metal potentiometer
All Softube products require a computer with appropriate DAW host software (none of which are included).
Versions from 2.5.18 and newer of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.13 up to 11.6.1 - macOS 12 Monterey support pending
- Windows 10 64-bit - Windows 11 support pending
- Mac: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon - M1 support pending
- Windows: Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended, as well as at least 8 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space, while sample libraries may require additional disk space. Specific information available on each instrument’s page).
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading installers and managing licenses
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok key for authorizing your plug-ins (note that a physical iLok USB key is not a requirement)
In theory, any 64-bit VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application should work. However, due to plug-in host differences between DAWs - and our own rigorous testing standards - we only officially test our plug-ins and instruments in the most recent versions of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, Studio One, Reaper and Cakewalk.
Softube plugins are not tested in non-listed systems, but they most likely work as long as the system requirements are met. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported systems.
Note: We have checked the basic functionality of our plug-ins, and Softube Central, in macOS Monterey running under Apple Rosetta 2, and initial tests do look promising. Silicon M1 native support is pending.
Note: We have run initial tests of Softube Central and our plug-ins within Windows 11 with positive early results. Further testing and announcements will follow.
These DAWs support synchronized track selection, control of DAW volume and pan, control of DAW solo and mute, control of DAW send levels, automatic transfer of track and number in the most recent versions as of November 2021:
- Ableton Live (VST3)
- Cakewalk by Bandlab (VST3)
- Cubase (VST3)
- Reaper (VST3)
- Studio One (VST3)
These DAWs support synchronized track selection, control of DAW volume and pan, control of DAW solo and mute, automatic transfer of track and number in the most recent versions as of November 2021:
- Harrison Mixbus 32C-6 (VST3)
These DAWs support control of DAW volume and pan, control of DAW solo and mute, automatic transfer of track and number in the most recent versions as of November 2021:
- FL Studio (VST3)
These DAWs support automatic transfer of the DAW’s track name and number to Console 1:
- Digital Performer (AU)
- Logic Pro (AU)
- Nuendo (VST3)
These DAWs support automatic transfer of the DAW’s track name (but not number) to Console 1:
- Pro Tools (AAX)
Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz.The most recent maintenance release of your DAW application is recommended. Console 1 and Console 1 Fader are not available for AAX DSP.